Junior Achievement Cambodia and Angkor Wat Trek – Easter 2023
Starts on: 10/04/2022
10th – 19th April during the Easter holidays
Modern Cambodia is still finding its feet after the Pol Pot era and decades of civil war, but peace has come to this beautiful land, and this incredible country offers some of Asia’s ultimate adventures. Contemporary Cambodia is the successor state of the mighty Khmer Empire, which at the height of their power during the Angkor period (9th to 14th centuries) dominated Indochina, from Vietnam to Burma, expressing their divine confidence in the monumental temple mountains, monasteries and palaces of Angkor.
Our Angkor Wat Trek offers a unique and challenging way to experience this exciting country, from the bustling charm of French colonial Siem Reap and village life on the flood-plain of the mighty Tonle Sap Lake to the rain forests and unseen treasures of the sacred Phnom Kulen Mountain. We will pass through villages and have the opportunity to meet gracious, resilient local people and learn more about this timeless tropical landscape. In the evenings we will camp on the grounds of working Buddhist pagodas or local schools.
Our trek finishes in one of the wonders of the ancient world – the Temples of Angkor and the heart and soul of the Cambodian nation. Scattered over 400 square kilometres, there are 100’s of
sacred temples, the biggest being Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious building and one of the most inspired and spectacular monuments ever built.
To download a detailed itinerary CLICK HERE
For more information or to sign up please contact Sue Cook on 666266 or email email@example.com
Price will include:
- Return international flights from London to Siem Reap
- Airport tax and duties (not exceeding £250)
- Airport transfers upon arrival and local transfers
- Full board (except 1x lunch and 1x dinner)
- Celebratory dinner at the end of the trip
- Tonle Sap Lake visit with lunch
- Camping equipment when required
- Professional qualified local guides
- A UK doctor and trek Leader will accompany the trek
- Shared accommodation in hotels at the start and finish and camping on trek
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits in the itinerary
£300 registration fee (non refundable) + £2,399 for the cost of the trek and a commitment to raise a minimum of £500 for Junior Achievement.
What is not included
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharges if they exceed £250
- Single supplement
- Personal expenses
- Lunch day 2 & dinner day 3
- Visas (if applicable)
- Personal travel insurance
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel to and from the Isle of Man