Junior Achievement El Camino De Santiago Trek 2022
Starts on: 10/04/2022
Join the JA team on a Charity trek of a lifetime from 10th April – 17th April, 2022.
6 day spectacular trek through one of the world’s oldest pilgrimage routes.
The El Camino de Santiago, otherwise known as ‘The Way of St James’, is one of the oldest pilgrimage routes in the world and is a World Heritage Site. A journey millions of pilgrims have completed over thousands of years. The way is marked by the symbol of the scallop shell, typically found on the Galician shores.
This 6 day trek takes in a section of this incredible route and enables you to experience the beauty of rural northern Spain.
Day 1: Depart Manchester on a flight to Porto
Day 2: Transfer to Sarria and afternoon trek
Day 3: Sarria to Portomarín, 22km (6hrs trekking)
Day 4: Portomarín to Palas de Rei, 22km (6hrs trekking)Trek
Day 5: Palas de Rei to Arzúa, 28km (7hrs trekking)
Day 6: Arzúa to Amenal, 23km (6hrs trekking)
Day 7: Amenal to Santiago de Compostela, 14km (4hrs trekking)
Day 8: Depart Porto to Manchester
The total cost is £1,299 + £500 fundraising for Junior Achievement. You have the option to fundraise all or part of the amount.
To book your place you are required to pay an initial registration fee of £250 which will be used to secure your flight. This is non refundable unless the airline cancels the flight.
What is Included:
- Scheduled international return flights from Manchester to Porto
- Internal road transfers and ground transport crew to move your luggage from one location to another
- Local mountain guides and trek leaders
- Shared accommodation in small guest houses
- All food on the trip including breakfast, lunch and evening meal unless otherwise stated
- Celebration dinner on the last night
- UK doctor on the trek
What is not Included:
- Lunch on day 1 and 8
- Flights from the Isle of Man to Manchester
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance