We are a Manx registered charity dedicated to helping the Island’s young people gain the essential skills they need when they leave full time education.
As part of the worldwide Junior Achievement network we run a wide range of programmes within primary and secondary schools designed to help children and young people to:
- increase their self-esteem and confidence
- learn how to manage money and not get into debt
- be successful in life regardless of their academic ability
- develop team working and decision making skills
- transfer the skills learnt in education into their life once they finish school
- develop skills for work
- understand how the world of business works
- learn how to do business ethically and sustainably
- develop their entrepreneurial skills
Each year we need to raise £300,000 so that our programmes can be delivered at no cost to the schools.
How you can help
Our programmes are run with the help of a wonderful team of volunteers from business and the wider community.
They work alongside the teacher in the classroom to deliver programmes and each year we need more than 400 volunteers to make this happen.
Volunteers come from all walks of life and all backgrounds; some are retired, others have children in education and some work either part or full time.
For more information visit our Volunteering page.