Our programmes engage with children aged from 5 to 18 years of age and focus on ‘learning by doing’. As part of the worldwide Junior Achievement network we can run a wide range of programmes within primary and secondary schools designed to help children and young people to:
- increase their self-esteem and confidence
- learn how to manage money and not get into debt
- be successful in life regardless of their academic ability
- develop team working and decision making skills
- transfer the skills learnt in education into their life once they finish school
- develop skills for work
- understand how the world of business works
- learn how to do business ethically and sustainably
- develop their entrepreneurial skills
Each of the Junior Achievement programmes have been tried and tested throughout a number of schools in Europe and the UK. Our materials are of a very high quality and can be adapted to meet local needs.
The good news is that our programmes are provided to Manx schools completely free of charge. We are able to do this through the generous donations from our sponsors and with the help of volunteers from business and the wider community who go into the classrooms to help deliver the programmes.